Friday 26 November 2010

Our House

I sit writing this entry from here:

Today Ian and I made our first proper (ie non-Ikea) furniture purchase as a couple.  We bought a very lovely teak table and chair set for our patio.  Since moving here I have discovered just how (comparatively) cheap beautiful teak furniture is in this part of the world and I'm determined to kit our whole house out in it piece by piece. Sadly, this is going to take awhile, but it does give me plenty of time to shop around and so Ian knows what to get me for Xmas and birthday the next couple of years. 

Beyond our patio, this is about as furnished as our condo is at the moment:


But nevermind, our stuff from England should be with us in a few months and in the mean time I'm sure I can nag Ian plenty about using coasters and not scratching the new table.

On another note, we booked tickets to Borneo today for Ian's 30th.  We are going to Sarawak for 10 days at the end of February and early March to see the Probiscus monkeys and other wildlife in Bako National Park, visit some indigenous villages and hopefully not get malaria. But more on that as the time gets nearer.  Needless to say, both I and American Express have had a very good day.

1 comment:

  1. We have a non-teak table we bought for the patio that's identical to yours, near as I can tell from the picture, down to the design/arrangement on the top. We bought ours at Big Lots, though. :)

    ReplyDelete